Thomas Coughlin IEEE USA President Elect Candidate in 2017
I stand for: Membership, Participation, Efficiency, Representation and FUN!
If elected as IEEE USA President I will work with the IEEE USA regions to increase the value of IEEE membership and furthering our motto of advancing technology for humanity. Here are some initiatives that I will support as IEEE USA President:
- Make sure that IEEE and IEEE member interests are represented to the US government
- Increase IEEE membership in the USA by engaging our members and providing value to them
- Promote corporate membership programs that increase overall IEEE membership and engage industry with the IEEE
- Support inter-regional meetings to replace IEEE USA meeting
- Support regional and IEEE USA meetings to engage students and YPs
- Promote recording and creating greater value around IEEE local section meetings
- Support the engagement and mutual activities with multiple IEEE organizational units to increase overall IEEE effectiveness
- Increase sponsorship and partnerships for IEEE USA activities to increase our effectiveness
- As president elect, to support the IEEE USA president in any way I can
- Make IEEE fun!
As IEEE President, I’ve worked with Tom in his role as Region Director, Chair of the IEEE Public Visibility Committee and as a key organizer for IEEE’s industry outreach. I always looked to Tom for advice. Tom challenged the status quo and offered innovative ways to improve IEEE across its many facets. Tom built teams to deliver solutions. Tom is a great leader.Howard E. Michel, Ph.D.
The opinions expressed on this website are the opinions of the author and not necessarily those of the IEEE.